- Thibra Half Long Sheet: 53.75"X 21.7"
Thibra Half Long Sheet: 53.75"X 21.7"
Thibra is a brand-new thermoplastic sheet with exciting new features. With no mesh backing and an extremely smooth surface, the need for sanding and priming is almost nonexistent, saving you time and money in additional materials. Many users have reported success in immediately spray painting after finishing their piece without any additional primer at all, though personal results may vary based on usage and application.
Thibra features a smooth surface and sticks to itself when heated; any scraps can be heated and reused. Thibra is easy to carve, sculpt and model, and will retain its shape after cooling. As with any thermoplastic, we recommend keeping it out of direct sunlight or hot cars when finished. Thibra has a lower working temperature, which helps with its workability – it activates at 160 degrees Fahrenheit (70-80 degrees Celsius).
When working with Thibra, use a silicone or teflon sheet to prevent Thibra from sticking to your work surface.
When combined with contact cement, Thibra adheres excellently to foam. Apply a thin layer of glue, let dry for 15 minutes, and then apply your hot Thibra.
Soldering irons and heat pens and tools can be used to create details, but as with any thermoplastics, please make use of a professional respirator and safety goggles, as the smoke produced is toxic to inhale.
Advantages of Thibra
- Easy to heat and shape, doesn’t tear easily and is strong.
- Perfect for making double-curved and extreme shapes.
- After degreasing it can easily be (spray-)painted, printed and stamped.
- Unique: Thibra can be corrected and repaired by reheating, even when the object has cured already.
- Extremely smooth due to special composition, this prevents lengthy filling and sanding
- When heated, it combines well with other materials such as felt, textile, foam shapes. When cooled, contact adhesive can be used.
- Excellent alternative for expensive methods such as vacuum forming.
- Relatively small amounts needed for an object, leftovers can be recycled.
- Thibra can be processed in several layers and can afterwards be filled and sanded.
- Thibra is an innovative thermoplastic which is high quality and affordable.
To learn more about Thibra check out www.thibra.com/